Monday 20 December 2010

Monday 20th December - Reality

Good evening, sorry today's edition is so late. My range of emotions today has been varied. Nerves, anger, laughter, love and trust. We have been to see the neurosurgeon and there was a lot to take in. He informed us he found 2 tumours one 3 cm long which he will be able to take out fully and another maybe a tenth of the size which they will monitor and scan after the surgery. This will probably be dealt with by radiotherapy but depends on how it changes or grows etc. I was not expecting this one and well was hard to take. The surgeon was frank about the process, risks and outcome and well why I called the blog reality as this is going to be a hard process. Please pray for strength to deal with this news. We know how great a God we have and he is greater than any cancer, death and situation and I know he will be with us in all things..

The surgery will be on Friday, meaning I have to go into the hospital on Thursday and be in on Christmas Day. The surgeon said I should be out by Boxing Day and is a really straight forward procedure which would take at most 2 hours. He is the best surgeon at the hospital at this kind of surgery - praise the Lord and he was very confident this would go well and completes hundreds of these procedures every year. As some of you know I love cooking and was really looking forward to doing the Christmas meal, presents, church and well normality. I know this is not going to happen and was really hard to hear.

Me and Anne read Psalm 23 before we went to the hospital. It says He is our shepherd, He walks with us even in the valleys and that He is good to us. I am not sure what is to come and that scares me, I scare myself with statistics, books, people and myself but the one thing I do know is that God will be with me in ALL things and who is there greater to put our trust in. Today has been a hard day and I knew there would be them. Please pray for a real sense of God in our midst and and that we can truly walk and trust Him in this.

I will continue to update the blog and when I know a more specific surgery time this will be posted. Once again thank you for all your prayers and support.

God bless

Verse: The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want, he makes me lie in pastures green, he leads me by quiet waters, he refreshers my soul. He guides me along the right paths for his name's sake. Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil for you are with me and your rod and staff, they comfort me. You prepare me a table in the presence of my enemies, you anoint my head with oil, my cup overflows. Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

Prayer: That we would know God with us, that the surgery would go smoothly and my recovery well and the whole tumour would come out successfully. Please pray that we would continue to trust in the Lord and all He is to us.

8 comments:

  1. Hey Glen,

    Thanks for updating us all with your excellent blog. Mel and I have been thinking of you alot today. Psalm 23 and the part where it talks about

    'You prepare me a table in the presence of my enemies, you anoint my head with oil'

    Really reminds us that intimacy is our strong suit. We really pray for the presence of God to be tangible as the week progresses and that God's peace does indeed overflow in both your spirits.

    With much love,

    Pete and Mel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for finding the energy and spirit to provide this update on such a difficult and testing day. We have been thinking of you throughout. Thank God that the surgery is so soon. We join you in your prayers that it goes smoothly and successfully, and that you will be enjoying cooking a family Christmas dinner just a matter of a couple of days after the calendar suggests. T xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey buddy,

    Have been praying for you and thinking about you and Anne a lot these last few days. Keep trusting that God IS good... because He is! This is my big prayer for you and Anne in all this every day, that you will both know that God is good.

    Love you loads bro.

    Aslan

    Romans 11:36 - "Everything comes from God alone. Everything lives by His power, and everything is for His glory."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Mate, I have just shown my mum your blog.
    You are a true inspiration and god is using your strength to witness!
    Trust in the lord, praying for you throughout the day. God bless brother x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi guys
    God is amazing isn't He! That surgery is available so quickly and where you live and that you have the best surgeon. Only God can supply all that! love and paryers to you both
    Ryan and Claire

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Glen

    Thinking about you every day and continuing to pray for you.

    Great news that the surgery is so soon and i wish that the surgery and the recovery goes well.
    All the praise and support for you just shows how much of a great person you are.

    I can only describe you as a role model for me becuase your my brother and how you have handled this situation.

    I hope that you keep well and that i will see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Glen

    Was hard for us to take, both about the other tumour and not able to share Christmas Day. But family time and presents (and of course your wonderful cooking) can be done anytime. Keep strong both of you and remember that there are alot of people helping you along the way. I know that God blessed your dad and I when he gave us four amazing children. Mega hugs and love

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Glen,

    Praying and thinking of you. The lord not only created the world but he sustains it on a yearly, monthly, weekly, daily, hourly, minute and secondly basis. He not only created you but also sustains you in the same way. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete