Wednesday 29 December 2010

Wednesday 29th December - Meeting

This is going to be a short blog as our computer cable seems to be on the blink. We found out today that we are going back to meet the surgeon tomorrow morning at 8 30 am. The results of the tumour may be in and he will discuss the success of the surgery and how much of the tumour was taken. He will then tell us of what is to come and the procedure over the next few weeks.

I have written a few questions out for him about the process, tumour and to try and get a better understanding of my case and what is going on in my body. I am praying that God will go before us into that meeting and the surgeons words will be that of God's. I am glad this is early and the surgeon has already said the surgery was a success which is a real blessing from the Lord.

I sent a few people today Psalm 121 'I look to the hills, where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth'. What an encouragement that we can look to the Lord for help in all things.

Please pray that the meeting tomorrow will be a blessing from the Lord and that we will receive really good news about the surgery. Pray that the surgeons words will be that of God and that I can process what the surgeon has to say. Please pray for a safe journey for my mum who is coming up and that we will all sleep well and be in the right frame of mind for tomorrow.

Thank you for all your prayers and support they have really kept us going and have a been a real source of strength to us in this time. I thank God for them and that he has really supported us in that way. Thank you so very much and I will update the blog tomorrow with exactly what the surgeon explains to us.

God bless
Glen

1 comment:

  1. I am praying that your Mum has a safe and delay-free journey, and that you and Anne can spend a relaxed, loving and companionable evening with her before you all have a peaceful and refreshing night's sleep. God be with you for a reassuring and comforting outcoming to your meeting with your surgeon tomorrow. At 8.30 a.m. I should be approaching the end of my daily 100 "early bird" lengths at Uttoxeter pool, where I always pray for you with every stroke. As soon as entry forms are available in January I am entering the National Swimathon (which takes place in early-April) with a personal challenge of 5 km (the maximum allowed). All sponsorship proceeds will go to Marie Curie Cancer Care with my adverised motivation being "that nobody I love will ever need to draw upon this matchless end-of-life service". God Bless you, Glen, Sleep tight and (as my invariably po-faced Dad used to say, apparently without irony!) "Keep Smiling". All very best love, T XXXXX

    ReplyDelete