Tuesday 28 December 2010

Tuesday 28th December - The will of God.

Humans within the Bible have always wrestled with the will of God. Adam, Moses, Jonah, David and Peter. Our human comprehension of why God wills something to happen is near impossible because we are not God. John Piper said 'if God wants you home, no doctor can keep you here, and if God wants you here, no disease can take you home'. I wrestle with the will of God in my situation and its a wrestle because we do not know what it is. I am not sure of what is to come, I totally believe in a God of healing but it comes down to His will. He knows greater what is the best thing for my life and the people around me and who am I a mere human to argue with that.

Isaiah 41 v 10 was sent to me today ' so do not fear for I am with you, do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will uphold you with my righteous hand. God has totally been with me and Anne in all of our days so far and we have a real peace. My worries have been given over to God and I know no worries are going to change my situation. I thank you once again for all prayers and support. I thank God for the outpouring of love from people and how we have really felt wrapped in the peace and love of the local church.

We are having more family visits today which is great and will be a real time of encouragement plus I get more presents which not a primary goal is fantastic. The support, love and prayers of a family are fantastic and me and Anne thank the Lord for them every day.

God is with you today in all that you do and I really hope you enjoy all that you do at this very special time of year.

Thanks and God bless

Verse for the day: Isaiah 41 v 10

Prayer for the day: We may know the will of God for our situation and that we would enjoy a day with family. For continued strength and recovery from the operation and continued nights sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment