Friday 21 January 2011

Friday 21st January - Christ

Good morning I am sorry that the blog is being done before my treatment but we are going to our small group weekend away straight after and so will not be able to blog later. Praise the Lord I am doing really well and have slept the whole night through. I have not had many side effects at all and feeling strong. We are meeting the consultant who is overseeing my treatment later to review how I am feeling and if I am well enough to carry on the treatment. Please pray this goes well along with the treatment.

We were reading the Crucifixion this morning as we have been going through Luke and we were talking about how we have a God who knows what suffering feels like. Jesus went through the worst kind of suffering being separate from his father. Even in the midst of the cross he has compassion. Jesus says 'Father, forgive them for they do not know what they are doing'. Jesus wants his father to forgive the people who are putting him to death. We have a God who forgives and who brings us into his kingdom. At small group weekend away we are looking at Philippians, which is an amazing book. Chapter 2 talks of the amazing character of Christ. Paul says In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus who, being in very nature did not consider equality with God something to be used as his own advantage; rather he made himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness and being found in appearance as a man he humbled himself be becoming obedient to death, even death on a cross. Amazing! We should adopt the same attitude as that of Christ within our relationships with one another.

Thank you once again for your prayers, cards, texts and support. It really is a blessing to us.

Verse for the day: Luke 23 and Philippians 2 v 5-8

Prayer for the day: Praise God that I feel so well and that we have a God who knows what it is to endure suffering. Please pray for the continued success of the treatment and that the tumour would go. Please pray for the same attitude as that of Christ and be obedient to God. Pray for little or no side effects and that I would be upheld by the right hand of God. For our small group weekend away that fellowship, rest and growth in God would be had by all. For our families to know the love, blessing and strength of our Lord.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so pleased that you were feeling well enough this morning to be planning your small group weekend away. I pray that your treatment today and subsequent meeting with your specilist went well, and that you, Anne and your friends in Christ are now enjoying fellowship, rest and growth in God. Stephen and I have been sharing increasingly resourceful (and admitted a few rather audacious) strategies to ensure that I maximise the fundraising for Marie Curie Cancer Care from my 5k swim in April. I know I can swim the distance in the time allotted, so the £1,000 sponsorship target I have set myself is the real challenge. So if any of your friends, family and loved ones would like to support me in this endeavour please do so at http://my.artezglobal.com/personalPage.aspx?registrationID=332912 If this link doesn't work, then type National Swimathon 2011 into your search engine and follow the guidance to "Sponsor a Swimmer". I am Teresa McGrath and will be completing the individual 5 km distance challenge at Stafford Leisure Centre on 9th April.

    ReplyDelete