Thursday 6 January 2011

Thursday 6th January - Our identity is in Christ

Sorry that I did not blog yesterday my computer still does not have a lead. We went to the hospital today and got a start date for the radiotherapy. This is on the 18th January. The doctor reinforced the cancer is not being as aggressive again and he said that the melanoma is unpredictable and can react really well or not react but we have the other treatment to target the tumor if it does not work.

I was listening to Matt Chandler today who finds himself in the same position as myself and he was preaching on Colossians 2. He was saying our identity should be in Christ alone and not the things of this world. Christ died so that we can receive him as Lord and that he can dwell in us fully. Colossians says 'So then just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord continue to live in Him rooted and built up in Him, strengthened in the the faith as you were taught and over flowing with thankfulness.' What an amazing truth that we should do and be all things in Christ.

Our identity should be Christ and we should do all things for Him alone.I know that in this process I am not alone He is with me, Anne and our families. He is the great sustainer and we have the Lord as our Saviour as Paul says to the Colossians. Thank you once again for all your prayers it really humbles me to know that a sinner such as I can have so many people praying for our situation.

When I was first diagnose with cancer I read this article given to me by John Piper and it really challenged me about my situation and how amazing God is in our situation. I just know that God is in our situation and I hope that when you read it its as much an encouragement to you as it is to me.

http://www.desiringgod.org/resource-library/taste-see-articles/dont-waste-your-cancer

Verses for the day: Colossians 2 v 6 - 10

Prayer for the day: Thank God that He has been with us and that He has sustained us in all we have been through. Thank God for His church and that people are praying. Please pray that the radiotherapy works and the cancer is not resistant to the treatment. Please pray that I make the most of every opportunity given to me and that I have opportunities.

No comments:

Post a Comment