Saturday 15 January 2011

Saturday 15th January - Blink and the hair is gone.

Well a mixed day overall. I did not sleep well and think that I saw 3,4,5, and 7 o'clock. I was up at half 7 reading a book due to the fact that I could not sleep. The book was excellent though. I also had to lose all my hair today. As I have been told I will lose my hair I thought it best that I be in control and now my hair has been cut to half an inch in length. Reality seemed to kick in' this is the start of a what could be a really tough week. Well I suppose I am not sure of what the treatment will bring and scared that the treatment will not work. In days like these you need the Lord.

I take refuge in the Lord. I don't think I have read the Psalms as much as the past month. Psalm 46 'God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in times of trouble'. Psalm 23 'The Lord is my shepherd I shall not want, He leads me by still waters'. Psalm 139 'Where shall I go from your spirit? Or where shall I go from your presence.? If I ascend to the heavens you are there, if I make my bed in Sheol, you are there!' Psalm 121 ' The Lord is your keeper, the Lord is your shade on your right hand'. Psalm 5 'But let all who take refuge in you rejoice, let them ever sing for joy.' I also really love Isaiah 41 v 10 'I have chosen you and not cast you off, fear not, for I am with you. Be not dismayed for I am your God. I will strengthen you, I will help you. I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

We have also had lots of lovely parts to our day. Coffee with friends, we have been for walk, shopping with all the nutters with trolleys in Asda and stir fry and dairy free ice cream for tea. I am hoping to whoop the rest of the family if we venture in to playing articulate too. Whatever happens next week I know that God will be with me and that there is no greater person in whom to take refuge. He is the Creator and sustains us in all things and He made me and thee. He knows and protects my body and He will be with me in all things. Thank you for your prayers and I know that will be sustaining next week.

Verse for the day: Isaiah 41v 10

Prayer for the day: Thank God for His character and it never changes. To be able to sleep well tonight and that God would be our strength and portion in all things. That the treatment will not be too draining on my physical and mental strength. For opportunities to talk about Christ in the hospital and during treatment. Please pray that for both our families that they will know the strength and blessings of the Lord.

1 comment:

  1. Glen - I think you find that you were whooped at Monopoly!!! Been good to have both of you at home with family. Deut 31 vs 8 'Be strong. Take courage. God is standing ahead of you. He's right there with you. He won't let you down, he won't leave you. Don't be intimidated. Don't worry'
    Love you both

    ReplyDelete