Wednesday 19 January 2011

Wednesday 19th January - Walking by faith

Day 2 of the treatment and overall I am doing well. As I am writing this I have developed a slight bit of nausea and would value some prayer for this as it is not very nice. I am doing well though and the treatment can be deceptive as it is not painful or long. We have had a really relaxed day and the rest is doing me lots of good. It was a real encouragement to meet around God's word and pray with other Christians too.

We are both well rested and are looking forward to a night of rest and relaxation. We were reading 1 Peter v1-2 today and being reminded that we have been bought by the blood of Christ and we are the elect of God. I know I take this for granted and saying 'Jesus has died for me' rolls off the tongue until we stop to think of what that entailed. It meant that the living God himself came to live upon the earth, lived a perfect life, was silent when sentenced to death and then died and rose again for my sins against Himself. Wow!

I rest in Him and I pray that He sustains me through this treatment. God was with Joseph for 18 years in prison, He was with David whilst he was running away from Saul and He was with Paul in prison, chains and in persecution and I know He is with us too. Thank you for all your prayers, Anne and I hold them dear to our hearts and are continuing to be humbled by the amount of people who are praying.

Verse for the day: 1 Peter 1 v1-2 and Daniel chapter 2

Prayer for the day: Praise the Lord for our salvation even though we do not deserve it. Praise Him that He has been with us so far and pray that He will sustain us through the whole process. Please pray for continued strength and for as little side effects during the treatment as possible. Please pray for us to continue to sleep well. For wisdom in all things.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, Glenn for taking the time and effort to keep us up-to-date with your treatment, physical and spiritual well-being. We are with you and Anne moment by moment during this challenging phase of your journey. With the very greatest love and respect, Teresa & Stephen xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, thanks for taking the time to write the blogspot. We are really praying for you - that the side effects will be minimal, that you will have extraordinary strength and energy, and that the treatment will be successful. May God's glory and power be shown in your life. I hope that you manage to do some nice things during the afternoons and that these little things can help to keep your spirits high. Love Mel xxx

    ReplyDelete