Monday 17 January 2011

Monday 17th January - God is bigger and greater than we could ever fathom!

Well treatment is going to start tomorrow. We are at the hospital at 9:30 to get a timetable of all the treatment times that I will have. I will also have a silicon like mask made to protect my face during the treatment. The treatment itself will last no longer than 15 minutes and other than tomorrow there should be no more than 20 minutes to set up and start the treatment on any given. Anne's work have been fantastic and she is not there for the next month and so will be taking me each day and will be my human rock. We are also meeting my oncology consultant to review my whole case and see where we are up too.

I am a bit unsure of what else to expect really and that makes me nervous in some ways. In talking and thinking things through I am not worried about the treatment itself, the sides effects or having to travel to hospital. I am praying through it all and know that God will sustain me in it all. My biggest fear is going through the treatment and it not working, I am worried about going to the hospital in 6 weeks time and them saying 'I am sorry but the tumour is still there'. In many ways the cancer has been a blessing though. I have not read and had so much comfort from reading God's word, christian books and praying in my 24 years previous (not that I could read at the age of 2!). Our God is an awesome God and we as humans if we were to stop and think what God could and has done, we would have smoke coming out of our ears thinking about it.

God created and designed MY brain and He knows my immune system greater than any doctor to have ever lived. He created and designed everything and God says He holds the universe in the palm of His hand, THE UNIVERSE in the palm of His hand. How awesome is He. Anne and I are resting in His will, the will of the Creator and Sustainer of the universe. I love the Lake District and standing on the top of a hill and seeing what God created by His hand. That is the tip of the iceberg, He created the rest of the world too. Greater than that, God is a personal God and He knows all about me, Anne and you. He loves us, sustains us, has compassion for us and He died for us. Thank you for all your prayers as I know in weeks like this God will be sustaining me and the thought of so many people lifting our situation is humbling. Whatever happens God will not change and I will rest in that and that He has got us in His hands. Thank you.

Verses for the day: Genesis 1 and Job 38 (Look at what God created and how He sustains it. Amazing!)

Prayers for today: Praise the Lord for the world that we live in and that He created it. Praise Him for His character and that it does not change. Praise God that He has sustained me so far and we have had abundant blessings. Pray for the start of the treatment and the meeting of Dr Marshall that God would go before us, be in the midst and present after. Please pray for physical strength to endure. Please pray for safety when driving and for our witness whilst we are there.

1 comment:

  1. I am with you both in thought, prayer and spirit. Thank you for being such and inspiration to me. T xxxxx

    ReplyDelete