Friday 11 March 2011

Friday 11th March - Hope

Good evening. Its been a bit of a roller coaster week. New treatments, long journeys, my body being weak, time with friends and 'The Kings Speech'. I always wondered why people who are in times of trial are told to take it hour by hour but this week I really do. I feel like this is the week where the devil seems to have attacked and succeeded the most. I am again not feeling amazing and this stresses me as I think the cancer is getting worse. Please pray for physical recovery, sleep and for the peace of the Lord.

In all this resting I get to watch a bit of TV. In all this its clear to see the world needs a hope greater than this world can offer. Take the Tsunami today or the people of Juarez (2200 people murdered every year - about 65 a week) or the parents of the 5 year old boy who died on the ski slopes by a ski bike. Well there is one Christ. Psalm 65v 5 'You answer us with awesome and righteous deeds, God our Savior, the HOPE of all the ends of the earth and the farthest seas.' Romans 8 v 24 'for in this HOPE we were saved. But hope that is already seen is no hope at all. Who HOPES for what he already has? ' Ephesians 1 v 18 'I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the HOPE to which He has called you, the riches of His glorious inheritance in His holy people'. Titus 1 v 2 ' in the HOPE of eternal life, which God, who does not lie, promised before the beginning of time'. Hebrews 10 v 23 'Let us hold unswervingly to the HOPE we profess, for who He who promised is faithful'. These were just some of the verses that could have been put. What a HOPE we have and what a hope so many people need.

Verse for the day: Revelation 21

Prayer for the day: For the Lord to be with us in the midst of our situation. Pray for God to perform a miracle and heal the cancer by His mighty hand. Pray for both of us to sleep well and be well rested tomorrow. Pray for our families and for the Lord to be their rock and fortress. Pray for us to use our time wisely and be able to take each day as it comes. Pray for treatment news to be swift and in God's time.

3 comments:

  1. Psalm 25 Vs 3 -'No one whose hope is in you will ever be put to shame.
    Psalm 34 Vs 9 'Taste and see that the Lord is good'
    Psalm 56 Vs 3 - 'When I am afraid I will trust in you'
    Give thanks that we have a hope, but also an inheritance that will never perish, fade or spoil kept in heaven for us.

    Keep strong Glen and Anne (Psalm 23)
    Love you both
    XOX

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this morning already heard from two more friends of new cancer suffers among their close families. I consider it an enormous compliment that they each chose to share their unfamiliar and terrifying situations with me. But I was genuinely amazed that one of my friends explicitly requested the support and interventions of MY prayers! As you know, my realtionship with the Lord is as yet relatively new. I had to confess to my friend Ellie that I am a novice in the praying stakes, and that I cannot claim a proven track record. That said, upon reflection, I realised that my prayers ARE being answered in that these frightened and angry young people know that they have a loving, supportive and understanding friend in me, especially now.

    See, Glen, you are doing and spreading God's work even when you think in terms of the devil triumphing at times this week.

    My love and prayers to you, Anne and all your family, and to Ellie and Helen and all of theirs.

    T XXXXX

    ReplyDelete