Sunday 20 March 2011

Sunday 19th March - Just to be with you

Good afternoon. I am writing feeling much better still. I struggled at times to sleep last night to the detriment of my wife for which I feel guilty and so would value prayer for this not to happen again. We went to church this morning and it was great to worship the Lord and hear His word preached. Thank you to His people who were also an encouragement. We are heading out for tea with our small group and then heading to a Michael Card concert (not that I know who he is) with friends. I am physically well and we are praying for God to bless and use both treatments we are about to go through.

Instead of verses I wanted to post some lyrics to a song I have been listening to this afternoon. Its called Just to be with you, hence the title and says 'I'm face to the ground forsaking my pride, leaving my will My burdens behind. All I want, all I need. Is just to be with you, just to be with you.' It carries on later and says 'but you said I belong, you say I am yours. Nothing compares to knowing you more. You made a way for me saviour, I'm yours forever'. The lyrics are so true and are really encouraging. The link to the video on YouTube is below, listen to it if you so wish. http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8PNk9V5EHY&NR=1

Verse for the day: Philippians 2 v 1-11

Prayer for the day: For us to want to grow more like Christ and have all his fullness dwell with us. Pray for the success of both the treatments and for the cancer to go. For us to take each day as it comes,use it for His glory and use it fully. Pray for our families and for them to have the spirit of the Lord be their rock. Pray for my body to be upheld and for both me and Anne to be able to sleep well.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure Anne counts it as a blessing to be assured of your presence during the night when your restlessness rouses her from sleep. That's certainly how I feel when Stephen is either sleepless or so deep in slumber that his snoring rattles the pictures on the bedroom walls! That said, we all need proper physical, emotional and spiritual refreshment that God provides for us through peaceful and untroubled sleep. So please Lord that you, Anne, Stephen, I and all who love and worry about us enjoy His gift of deep, replenishing unbroken rest tonight. But whether I sleep or lie awake, you remain in my heart and soul.

    Love and thanks, as ever, T XXXX

    PS: No, I don't know who Daniel Card is either! I'm going to have to Google him, but not until I have explored your Youtube link :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete