Wednesday 9 March 2011

Wednesday 9th March - Refuge

We have had a good day today,one of rest and time spent with the word of God. I have started the alternative treatment of diet and supplements and it has gone well although vegan recipes without wheat are hard to come by. We both slept well last night and was an answer to prayer and physically we are feeling much better. We are finally going to see 'The Kings Speech' tonight with friends and so are looking forward to a relaxed night.

2 Samuel 22 starts with David saying 'The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer: my God is my rock in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation. He is my stronghold, my refuge and saviour. ' Who could disagree with David? We like David mess up and need the Lord and like David are saved by the grace of the Lord.

Verse of the day: Psalm 73

Prayer for the day: Please pray for us to fix our eyes upon Christ and cherish him. Pray for rest and relaxation. Please continue to pray for our families. Pray for wisdom in what to do and when. For God to bless, use and work through the treatment.

2 comments:

  1. Teresa McGrath9 March 2011 at 18:36

    I guess the days of eating pizza with or without cheese are gone now, Glen! My favourite sister (forgive me Lord for judging between them, but you will understand my reasons!) and a neice- and nephew-in-law suffer from wheat intolerance/violent allergy. So I know that this alone is a trying daily challenge. That said, we have accrued a considerable stash of toothsome recipes to compensate against what immediately appears to be s somewhat puritanical regime. Do let me know when you are ready to enjoy adventurous and imaginative cooking again!

    So pleased to hear that you and Anne were blessed with much needed rest and peace today. Pray God that this continues.

    All very best love, Teresa xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julia Semmence9 March 2011 at 19:38

    I trust the film has lived up to its hype (i'm sure it has afterall Colin is so lovely lol!) anyway the point of my comment is that you have both been very much on my mind today and i felt i needed to let you know. I, as i know so many others have, have been thinking and praying for you both. You amaze me! Despite the challenges you seem to be able to see through the darkest clouds. I know that you are blessed with love, faithfulness, courage and the spirit in abundance in your relationship and your faith. I have benefited from your writings and commentaries Glen, and wanted to share one of my favourite verses with you.....Deuteronomy 33:27, with God as our refuge we can dare to be bold and have confidence in him xxx

    ReplyDelete