Saturday 12 March 2011

Saturday 12th March - God is our Rock!

Good afternoon we have had another day of rest due to my back being painful. We are heading out tonight to watch football and have a games night which should be a fantastic night and I hope I win more than I lose. We are both mentally well and know God is in control of our situation and so cry out to him in prayer. Can I say thank you to my family who have shown us compassionate support and prayer along with the friends we have in Liverpool, it means so much we have so many people to turn too.

Psalm 18 'I love you O Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock and fortress and my deliverer.' 1 Peter 3 v 14' but even if you should suffer for what is right, you are blessed. Do not fear their threats; do not be frightened. But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord.' V18 'For Christ also once suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body, but made alive in the spirit.'

Verse of the day: Romans 8 v 37-39

Prayer for the day: For God to be with us in the midst of our suffering and for us to look to Christ in all that we do. For my body that it will be made strong by the Lord and for us to sleep well tonight. For our families and for the Lord to be their rock and fortress too. For swift news about treatment and results of the biopsy. For people to come to Christ because of our suffering.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Glen we are all thinking about you at Lawrence, everyone is always asking about you and how you are doing. Trust you enjoyed the match yesterday, great result for Man Utd (it pains me to say!). Sounds as if it has been a particularly rough week for you, you are an amazing young man and I am in awe of the way you are coping with everything that has been thrown at you. Sending you lots of love, as always from all your friends at Lawrence School. Linda Q xxxxx

    ReplyDelete