Tuesday 1 March 2011

Tuesday 1st March - Love

Good afternoon I am feeling much better mentally but have struggled a little with my physical state today. Anne has met people for coffee and spent some time with friends. My back has been hurting and so have spent the day resting and enjoying some time to myself. We are meeting our consultant to sign some papers tomorrow to commence a biopsy of my tumors. We are also heading for small group and watching the football tonight too.

We know God is in control and praise Him that we have salvation already. I know people should not have favourite passages but one of mine is 1 John 4. John says 'This is how God showed His love among us: He sent His one and only son into the world that we might live through Him. This is love: not that we loved God but that He loved us and sent His son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.' God loves us more than any, He upholds us and we can be bold and claim eternal life because of Christ. What an amazing truth.

Verse for the day: 1 John chapter 4

Prayer for the day: Please pray for our upholding in the Lord and for Him to be our rock. Pray for my physical body that I would be upheld by the Lord. Pray for our meeting tomorrow that it would be blessed by the Lord. Pray for our families and the Lord being their rock and strength too. Pray for our sleep and rest that we would be wise in our decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment