Wednesday 30 March 2011

Wednesday 29th March - Trust

Good evening. We have had a good and relaxed day but I have had one that has been a little strange emotionally. We both slept reasonably well and my back is feeling stronger than the day before. We had a relaxed and slow morning, spending time within the house. We then went out for lunch, did some shopping and Anne has started to decorate the bathroom upstairs. This afternoon the reality of my death seemed to hit me and well needed the people closest in my life to remind me of what we have and to remain positive. Please pray for my mental attitude and for Christ to continue to be with us. Its funny how a small number of words can be just as much an encouragement and positive help. Proverbs 3 v 5-6 says ' Trust in the Lord and lean not unto your own understanding, in all your ways submit to Him and He will make straight your paths'. I am not sure why this is happening and would love some answers but know that God is greater than I am and we need to lean upon His understanding and ways. Verse for the day: Ephesians 3 v 14 - 21 Prayer for the day: Pray for God to minister to us and for Him to be our rock and fortress. Pray for a miracle to take place as only Christ will be able to rid my body of the cancer. Pray for my back and for our physical rest to continue to be excellent. Pray for our families as they walk with the Lord through this. Pray for us to be witnesses to the people around us.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Glen,

    Since reading this blog this morning I have been playing it over and over again in my mind and prayers. Again, Stephen was not feeling well enough to come swimming with me. So for the second day running I was able to enjoy the luxury of unhurried communion with the Lord as I trained.

    You are such a strong and resilient witness to God for me, as I'm sure you are for many. So naturally it distressed me greatly to know that you struggle with the potential human tragedy of the situation that He currently challenges you (and all we who love you and Him) with. Jesus himself struggled with this God-given uniquely human state of consciousness, the anticipation (in His case the imminent certainty) of one's own earthly mortality. This is thrown into relief for you just now as you fight against the cruelly and apparently indiscriminate physical, emotional and spiritual scourge of cancer. But beleive me, as your witness, that as you so do you are performing God's work on Earth. As you bring more and more of us into meaningful communion with the Lord, the power of our collective prayer combines and strengthens in the cause of a miracle to ride your body of its cancer. May our will be God's will, and may it be done.

    All my very best love to you, Anne, Ruth and all else who love, admire and respect you. Teresa xxxx

    ReplyDelete