Friday 18 February 2011

Friday 18th Feburary

Glen and Anne are away visiting family this weekend and I'll be keeping the updates coming for the next few days. We need to remember them in our prayers as they await Tuesday and meeting Mr Marshall and as they take time to think, pray and discuss the future with family and friends.

Psalm 73 is a wisdom Psalm, in it the Psalmist looks at a broken world and seems on the point of despair until in the final stanzas he remembers where he is - in the temple - and that God's presence is his joy not circumstance, and his future is secure for all eternity. With this renewed perspective he can conclude that it is good for him to be near to God.

"Yet I am always with you;
you hold me by my right hand.
You guide me with your counsel,
and afterward you will take me into glory.
Whom have I in heaven but you?
And earth has nothing I desire besides you.
My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart
and my portion forever.

Those who are far from you will perish;
you destroy all who are unfaithful to you.
But as for me, it is good to be near God.
I have made the Sovereign LORD my refuge;
I will tell of all your deeds."
Psalm 73v23-28

Prayer: Father God we pray for Glen and Anne, that they may they have a restful few days, keep them safe as they travel, we pray that you would enable them to lie down and rest safe in the knowledge that they are yours. We pray that they would know you as their refuge and strength as you sustain them in the emotions and decisions they face.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, Al, for keeping we more distant loving friends up-to-date with developments. I'm certain that I am not alone in thanking God that Glen and Anne are sharing this difficult and uncertain weekend amongst their closest mortal supporters. They, you, and all their loved ones are at the forefront of my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanls Al, we all send our love and prayers from Grace in Bangladesh xox

    ReplyDelete