Tuesday 8 February 2011

Tuesday 8th February - Praise the Lord

Good evening. A good day overall today. I have rested and spent most of the day on the sofa due to nausea and feeling generally tired, which I know is normal. Anne has been a superstar and sorted lots and been out for coffee with friends. We have then been to the hospital and received overall positive news. We were worried about 2 lumps I had found but praise the Lord they were not anything. The doctor said he was slightly worried about my shoulder and he has ordered a full body scan for next week to see how the cancer in the lungs and body has progressed or not?



I was reading Psalm 81 today. It starts 'Song for joy to God our strength, shout aloud to the God of Jacob. Begin the music, strike the timbrel. Play the melodious harp and lyre.' Praise the Lord the God Almighty. He is worthy to be praised and not just when things go our way but also when we are suffering. He is mighty to save and we should be humble before him and we have already been healed of our sin through Christ.



Verse for the day: Psalm 81



Prayer for the day: Praise the Lord for all He has been to us in the midst of such suffering. Please pray for both my shoulder to settle down and be nothing and for the scan to be clear. Please pray for my physical recovery and general well being that the mighty hand of God would sustain me. Pray for both our families and their strength and uplifting by the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment