Sunday 13 February 2011

Sunday 13th February - Mum's 50th Birthday

An enjoyable day has been had by all the Heggartys. My mum is 50 today so my family came across to Liverpool last night. We have had a fantastic day, at church first, then at our house playing games. Church was a real blessing and an encouragement to be able to speak to so many people I have not seen for a while. I have then been beaten at every game we played, but it was enjoyable just to spend time with family. We are now resting, spending an evening just relaxing within the house. I did not sleep well last night and so would value prayer for a good sleep tonight.

Within Target (Youth work) this morning we were looking at faith and how if Christ is the most important part of our life this should be seen in our lives. We looked at James 2 v14 which says 'What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if people claim to have faith but have no deeds? Can such faith save them?' v18 and 19 then say 'but someone will say you have faith I have deeds. Show me faith without deeds and I will show you my faith by what I do. You believe there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that and shudder.' The demons even realise who God is and yet so many don't. Our lives should show our love of Christ and what He has done for us.

Thank you for all your prayers and support. It means so much and is a real source of strength.

Verse for the day: Luke 8 V24 - 28

Prayer for the day: Pray for us to all realise our need of Christ and for our lives to be lived for Him. Pray for a good nights rest and to be able to sleep well tonight. Continue to pray for the scan next week that the cancer will not have progressed and the results will be a blessing, Pray for our families source of strength and comfort to be the Lord and for them to know Christ's love.

No comments:

Post a Comment