Wednesday 16 February 2011

Wednesday 16th Febraury - Friends

Good evening. An enjoyable day has been had by all and we are well rested, relaxed and refreshed. We enjoyed a slow start to the day and then went to see friends for coffee and cake. We then had lunch and went to Lyme Park which particularly pleased the girls. We then met more friends for tea. We then went to the cinema and watched Gnomeo and Juliet which was excellent. We are now relaxing watching TV ready to go to sleep. We are back at the hospital tomorrow for a general check up after the radiotherapy and to find out when the scan of the brain will take place. Prayer for this would be amazing.

We are both very nervous and unsure of what to expect next week. We completely trust the Lord and are resting under His will but its hard to ignore the desires of your heart. 2 Samuel 22v 2-3 says' The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation. He is my stronghold, my refuge and my saviour - from violent people you save me'. The rock we will lean on is the Lord. I am not sure of what is to come and as humans that scares us but God is sovereign and knows already, in that we rest.

Thank you for all your prayers and support it means so much to know people are praying for our situation.

Verse for the day: 2 Samuel 22

Prayer for the day: Please pray for God to minister to us within our situation and speak through His word. Pray for the hospital appointment tomorrow and for the results of the scan next week. Pray for our sleep tonight and physical recovery of my body. Pray for our families and their ministering from the Lord.

1 comment:

  1. I was envisioning the girls gazing breathlessly at the lake in Lyme Park yesterday, LOL! So pleased that you enjoyed another lovely God-given day together and with precious friends. Good grief, I'm not surprised you feel the occassional need for rest. Even reading about the social whirl of your lives exhausts me! But it also makes me grin from ear-to-ear and thank the Lord for the warmth it brings to me heart.

    I have, of course, been praying for you especially today as you face yet another hospital appointment. Please, Father, may the the doctors in their God-given wisdom judge that Glen's body is responding well to its course of radiotherapy. May he and Anne continue to sleep well and awake refreshed and physically strengthened day-by-day. May their families and all we who love them continue to be spiritually strengthened through our growing relationship with, and trust in, you Lord.

    ReplyDelete