Tuesday 15 February 2011

Tuesday 15th February - Trust in the Lord with all your heart!

What does it mean to trust? According to wikipedia it means to rely on something. Well I know my trust in the Lord has been the strength I have needed to walk this path we are on. Psalm 73 says 'yet I am always with you: you hold me by your right hand. You guide me with you counsel and afterward You will take me into glory. Whom have I in heaven but You? And earth has nothing I desire besides You. My flesh and heart may fail but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever'. Trust is a funny thing and we all place it in money, stuff, our health and yet they will all fail. God will never fail, He will never leave us nor forsake us and He is the rock upon which we can and we are standing.

The scan went well and quickly but now we have to wait. This we know will be a period in which complete trust and patience in the Lord will be the only thing to keep us. We are feeling physically well just a little tired but we are sleeping well. We have had a good day with friends and enjoyed home made pizza for tea, myself without cheese :( due to diet. I am being forced to watch pride and prejudice as we are planning to go to Lyme park tomorrow and we are taking some time to rest.

Thank you for all your prayers they are truly humbling. 1 John 5 v14-15 says 'this is the confidence we have in approaching God, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us - whatever we ask - we know that we have what we asked of Him.'

Verse for the day: Psalm 73

Prayer for the day: Please continue to pray for the ministering of the Lord to us and we would know the tangible love of the Lord in our midst. Pray for the results of the scan. Pray for our families that the Lord would be their rock and strength and they would be able to support us too. Pray for our continued physical strength and sleep. Pray for our witness and opportunities to share the gospel with people in the midst of our situation.

1 comment:

  1. Glad that you are being 'forced' to watch a brilliant film. Love you both

    ReplyDelete