Sunday 6 February 2011

Sunday 7th February - Promises

Good evening. We have had a good day once again with family being in another part of the country. We had another lovely breakfast this morning and a good journey up the country. We have enjoyed a nice lunch and especially Liverpool beating Chelsea as the 10 point gap remains. Fernando Torres was useless. I am a little tired and will need a good sleep tonight. Please continue to pray for my physical recovery and the Lord will strengthen me more each passing day.

Psalm 103 v 1-4 says 'Praise the Lord O my soul; all my inner most being, praise His holy name. Praise the Lord, O my soul and forget not all His benefits- who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with compassion and love'. There are days when trusting the Lord seems easy and others such as today when fear seems to grip you and you just want the whole process to be over. The reality of the treatment not working and life being final makes you need the Lord so much more. I stand on the promises of God's word. He has healed my sin, and has given us a great promise of heaven. Matthew 24 v 34 says ' Come you who are blessed by my Father, take your inheritance; the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world'. God's promises are never broken and He has promised those who believe in Him heaven. That's what I rest in and makes me able to even complete this process some days.

Thank you for your prayers they mean so much and give strength when we are weak.

Verse for the day: Matthew 25 v34

Prayer for the day: Praise the Lord His promises are never broken. Praise Him for the hope of heaven. Please pray for a peace about the process and for an understanding of God's will for our lives. Please pray for the success of the treatments and for every hospital meeting or scan that we attend. Please pray for family and the Lord ministering to them also.

No comments:

Post a Comment