Friday 4 February 2011

Friday 4th February - Relaxing.

We have had a really nice day and I have eaten too much food. We had a really nice breakfast after both sleeping well. We then have spent the day walking round Cambridge looking at Kings College and enjoying lunch and the river. We then came back and have had a lovely swim, a meal and watched England win the rugby (with Anne doing her nails). I am feeling well and enjoying the time to rest and we have enjoyed time with one another. My head is less itchy and nausea at a minimal at the moment which is great.

We are so grateful for all that we have been provided by the Lord and all He is to us. We are blessed in so many ways and yet forget these daily. We have food, clothes, a house, each other, loving families and so much the Lord has provided. So many have so little and yet we have so much and forget to praise Him for it. The Lord has been our strength in our situation and He has lifted us up when we needed it and we would not have dealt with this situation without Him. He knows our desire is for me to come through it but the Lord's will is greater for us than we can imagine. Praise Him for being with us.

Thank you for your prayers, support and love. Prayer really is an amazing blessing and so many praying means so much and is a tower of strength. It shows the love and compassion of Christ also.

Verse for the day: Ephesians 1v3 ' Praise be to the God and father of our Lord Jesus Christ who was blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ'

Prayer for the day: Praise the Lord for all He has given us and blessed us with. Praise Him for His character and His upholding of me. Please pray for the Lord in his mercy to hear our desires and meet them. Pray for continued strength and physical recovery for my body and I will be ready for any more treatment. For families, friends and others and our witness within our situation.

1 comment:

  1. I love to think of you and Anne swimming, as I think of and pray for you on my daily swims. DO take care of your scalp though, Glen. The chlorine is wholly unforgiving even to we with hair (at least for now!). I'm also pleased to hear that your relaxing trip away has taken you to Cambridge. It's one of my favourite places, having got to know it well on visits to a school friend who moved there when we were 12. So I have very fond memories of swimming in the open air pool on Jesus Green (why is it that the school summer holidays always used to seem like a tropical eternity?), cycling along the towpath of the Cam and, as we grew slightly older, attending 'Stranglers' concerts at the Corn Exchange! I was there again myself a couple of weeks ago for a meeting with other GCSE geography examiners and was again struck by the architectural and cultural beauty of the city. I can picture you and Anne sitting in Starbucks and/or Costa watching the world go by in all it's amazing God-given diversity.

    ReplyDelete