Monday 2 May 2011

Monday 2nd May - Lift your eyes to Him

Good evening. Today has been a difficult day as I once again did not sleep well last night due to back pain. I only managed 4 hours sleep which has left me needing to completely stop and sleep all day. It has been a tough week in terms of being able to get out and do things. Anne has been out to see friends for a couple of hours and I have listened to sermons and music using my ipod touch (Thank you Nathan). I awoke this morning with a change of attitude. I have become a bit obsessive with my body and symptoms and found myself becoming more complacent in my relationship with God and relying on the success of treatment as opposed to just trusting in Him. We are meeting my consultant tomorrow to discuss new lumps and symptoms found, what successful chemotherapy is and to find out the results of the BRAF test completed a few months ago. I am not sure what to expect but surrounding it in prayer and trusting the Father. Please can I ask people to pray earnestly for this (Thank you so much for all your prayers).

I was reading Isaiah 40 v 26 - 31 today and it really encouraged me of the Lord's control of our situation. I have found this hard in the last week or so but Isaiah says 'Lift your eyes on high and see who has created these stars, the One who leads forth their host by number, He calls them by name; because of the greatness of His might and the strength of His power, not one of them is missing. Why do you say, O Jacob, and assert O Israel, "My way is hidden from the Lord and the justice due me escapes the notice of my God" Do you not know? Have you not heard? The everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth does not become weary and tired. His understanding is inscrutable. He gives strength to the weary, and to him who lacks might He increases power. Though youths grow weary and tired and vigorous young men stumble badly. Yet those who wait for the Lord will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles. They will run and not get tired. They will walk and not become weary'. I am sorry it is so long but was such an encouragement and gave me such peace of things to come.

Verse of the day: Psalm 71 v 19

Prayer of the day: Praise the Lord for His spirit being with us and giving me a refreshed trust in Him. Praise Him for His strength and how He uplifts His people. Please pray for the meeting with the consultant tomorrow, for God to go before us and for the consultant's words to be God's also. Pray for a renewed body strength and for me to be able to sleep well so Anne can too. Pray for our families to have the peace of God and the strength of the Holy Spirit with them always. Pray for the salvation of people we meet, speak to and are reading the blog too.

No comments:

Post a Comment