Wednesday 4 May 2011

Wednesday 4th May - We are unworthy before Him

Good evening. When I was 17 one of the biggest questions for me was there has to be more than just this world? How true that has now been proved to me. Without the hope of heaven we would not have been able to cope with any of our situation. We are having a brain scan at 12 20 tomorrow and will probably be having the body scan also. My heart today has been crying out to God for a miracle, for a God intervention and for the cancer to go. I pray for this not to lead to desperation. Its hard to think I am going for life/death scans and everyone is carry on with life and I can't even contemplate being here in 6 weeks.

God I know has and will continue to be with us and He can do the impossible. I love Job as a book and He is faithful and also justly questions God and God restores him from ill health. Job after God has shown His amazing power in 38-40 says 'I know that you can do all things and that no purpose of yours can be thwarted. Who is this that hides counsel without knowledge? Therefore I have declared that which I did not understand, things too wonderful for me, which I did not know. Hear,now and I will speak;I will ask You and You instruct me.' Job realises his place before God and repents and realises he is so unworthy. I have been praying for God to end our situation in the same way as Job's and I continue to pray for this but if this is not realised then I pray I know my position before the Almighty God.

Verse of the day: Joshua 21v45

Prayer of the day: Pray for God to be our strength, portion, peace and hope at this difficult time. Pray for the scans tomorrow that God would heal me of the cancer and when we go for results they would be a blessing and not a burden. Pray for our hope to ALWAYS be in God and for us not to fail to trust in Him. Pray for our families and their strength to be from the Lord and their hope will be in him. Pray for the salvation of people and for them to realise their need of Christ. Pray for our witness to the hospital staff and nurses.

2 comments:

  1. You are my anchor
    You are my anchor,
    my light and my salvation.
    You are my refuge,
    my heart will not fear.
    Though my foes surround me on
    ev’ry hand,
    they will stumble and fall
    while in grace I stand.
    In my day of trouble,
    you hide me and set me above
    to sing this song of love;
    One thing I will ask of You,
    this will I pray;
    to dwell in Your house
    O Lord every day;
    to gaze upon Your lovely face,
    and rest in the Father’s embrace.
    Teach me Your way, Lord,
    make straight the path before me.
    Do not forsake me,
    my hope is in You.
    As I walk through life,
    I am confident
    I will see your goodness
    with every step,
    and my heart directs me
    to seek You in all that I do,
    so I will wait for You

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teresa McGrath5 May 2011 at 06:53

    Praying with you all, especially today. T xxx

    ReplyDelete