Tuesday 3 May 2011

Tuesday 3rd May - Destiny

Good evening. Where to start tonight. We went to see the consultant this afternoon and we received more hard news. I am going to have a scan this week to determine whether the chemotherapy is working and then will go back next week for the results. The tumours will have to shrink by at least 30%. I have some new lumps and the consultant said this is not a good sign. If it is not working then there will be nothing they can do for the cancer. Death is before me and is very prominent presently. I know we will be on our knees this week praying for a miracle and the news made me angry, sad, disappointed and just wanted to punch a bag or kick a wall. I don't want to die at 25, leave my wife and family and have a painful end but know of the supremacy of Christ.

I then read Lamentations 3 v 22-26. It says' The Lord's loving kindnesses indeed never cease. For His compassion's never fail. They are new every morning; Great is your faithfulness. "The Lord is my portion" says my soul, "therefore I have hope in Him." The Lord is good to those who wait for Him. To the person who seeks Him. It is good that he waits silently for the salvation of the Lord.' I have a hope that is certain and even conquers death. I know that even if next week turns out the way we do not want it too, I have Christ and He died for me. We will all die at some point maybe even tomorrow but we have that hope to cling to.

Verse of the day: Romans 5 v 25-26

Prayer of the day: Praise the Lord He has been with us today during this difficult time. Praise the Lord that this world is not all there is. Pray for the scan next week for God to take the cancer from my body by His mighty hand. Pray for our families who have to deal with this difficult news and also support us. Pray for our sleep and for our bodies to be refreshed. Pray for people to come to Christ and know the hope of heaven.

4 comments:

  1. Teresa McGrath4 May 2011 at 06:10

    It is SO very challenging to believe that "The Lord's loving kindnesses indeed never cease". Only yesterday I was struggling with the conundrum of why it is the very, very best of people that seem to be presented with the cruellest of circumstances. I too feel angry, sad and disappointed. Frankly, I am also very, very scared. Thank God for the comfort of individual and communal prayer, and the certainty of Heaven. T xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing and incredibly brave.

    I wonder if you would consider a trip to Bethel Church, Redding, California (Bill Johnson is Pastor) - http://www.ibethel.org. I understand they see 50% of the people visiting their prayer rooms receive healing. Canon Andrew White (Vicar of Baghdad) has his own testimony after receiving ministry.

    You are young and God’s will is for you to have long life. How He must love your unswerving faith in Him.

    What a terrible battle - I continue to pray for you.

    Love and blessings in Jesus’ mighty name.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Glen and Anne,

    Just wanted to say that we have followed your blog since it began and are praying for you here in Sheffield on our own and with our church.

    Love and prayers in Christ,

    Rose and Matt Gregg

    ReplyDelete
  4. God be with you Glen, you are so strong and courageous x

    ReplyDelete