Wednesday 25 May 2011

Wednesday 25th May - Praise Him

Good evening we have had a slightly improved day. We both slept well and ended up having 8 hours sleep. We have then taken things slowly and we had a visit from a cancer consultant to see how best to control the pain I have been having. This afternoon I have slept lots, watched TV and generally tried to relax. Anne has once again pottered around the house and looked after me very well. We would really value prayer again for the pain treatment we have been given and for us to sleep well again.

Psalm 9 says 'I will praise you, O Lord, with my whole heart; I will tell of all you marvelous works. I will glad and rejoice in you: I will sing praise to your name, O most high. Have mercy on me O Lord, consider my trouble from those who hate me, You who lift me up from the gates of death. That I may tell of all your praise. In the gates of the daughter of Zion. I will rejoice in your salvation'. We are to sing to the Lord and put our trust in Him. He is our shield and defender and walks with us as our strength.

Verse of the day: Proverbs 3 v 5-7

Prayer of the day: Praise the Lord for all He has done for us and we have a place of refuge in Him. Praise the Lord I have had help to get the pain under control and ask him to continue to aid us in our sleep and physical state. Pray for the drug treatments to be available and for God to open the door(s) He wishes us to walk through. Pray for our families and for the Lord to be their strength. Pray for people to come to faith in Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment