Saturday 7 May 2011

Saturday 7th May - More to life than this.

Good evening I have had an OK day physically feeling stronger this evening than I did this morning. We travelled down from the Lake district earlier than planned due to me not being up to physically much. We have enjoyed a relaxed afternoon and a couple of friends popped in to see us. We have rested this evening and I am going to have an early night ready for church tomorrow. Going through all of this every day only serves to reinforce that there is more to life than this.

Paul in 1 Corinthians 9v24 talks of our heavenly hope. He says' Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. Therefore I do not run aimlessly; I do not fight like a boxer beating the air. No, I strike a blow to my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize'. We have to be ready and looking towards the prize. We need to give ourselves to Christ so as to not miss out on the gift of grace.


Verse of the day: Revelation 3 v22


Prayer of the day: Praise the Lord we have a prize to look toward to and its a free one. Pray for God to heal my body from the cancer and for the scans I am having to be a blessing not a burden. Pray for our sleep and for our physical bodies to be upheld by the Lord. Pray for our families, for them to know the peace, strength and love of the Lord in their daily walk. Pray for the salvation of people reading this blog and for others who are walking without Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment