Saturday 28 May 2011

Saturday 28th May - A journey

Hi this is Glen's mum posting the blog. Glen came out of hospital this morning, after Anne staying with him. They were both tired and ready for the comforts of their own home and bed. Majority of the day has been sleeping, showering and bathing. This afternoon one of Glen's very good friends, Niall, has called into visit him.

Anne has just called me to say that she left Glen sleeping upstairs, went up to check on him and he was having another fit. So off to hospital again. The Doctor has sent him for a another brain scan and they are concerned again that something is happening.

Bible Reading - Psalm 62 Vs 5 -8 - 'Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I shall not be shaken. My salvation and my honour depend on God, he is my mighty rock; my refuge. Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge' As we walk this journey with Glen and Anne pray that God would be both theirs and ours rock and salvation.

Pray - Please pray especially for Anne as she loves, cares and supports Glen. Pray for her as she has to make decisions for both of them whilst Glen is ill. Give thanks that God brought them together and how they illuminate God's love for us through their marriage. Pray for wisdom for the medical staff as they treat Glen. Pray that they would also be sensitive to Anne's needs and health. Pray for Glen's health, which over the last few weeks has changed. Pray for the Dr's meeting on Tuesday. As his mum please pray for both Glen and Anne's family as we walk this journey with them. Pray that we would encourage and bear with one another.

8 comments:

  1. Lifting you all up xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teresa McGrath29 May 2011 at 10:04

    It is a humbling privilege to share in the journeys of Glen, Anne, Ruth and all who love and support them, and to join their prayers. Stephen and Teresa xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are all always in my thoughts and prayers xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. All our love and thoughts
    your friends from Lawrence CP School xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for you all, you dont know me but I cant imagine how painful this must be for you as Glen's Mum - you really are in my thoughts and prayers and I pray that God's peace, which passes all understanding, is with you. Abi x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sunday 29th. Prayed for you both and all the family at BEC tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  7. lots of love and blessings to you all. xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. "The LORD bless you and keep you; the LORD make his face to shine upon you and be gracious to you; the LORD lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace."

    Numbers 6 v 24 - 26

    Praying ....

    ReplyDelete