Wednesday 18 May 2011

Wednesday 18th May - Relationship

Good evening. We have had a really great day but one which some people who read of it will not understand why. I slept really well last night and got 8 hours sleep. We have therefore been able to do so much more. Trips to the shops, cook tea, have visitors and enjoy each others company so much more. By the end of the day though the devil has entered for the last couple of hours. I feel like I have been thrown off a cliff and I am trying to get to the top and just can't see a way there.

You can become incredibly selfish and just focus on the cancer going and you living the life you want to lead. God does not dish out cancer or say we do not love him lets give Him AIDS. God is not a punitive God but one who walks with His people and gives them peace and strength beyond human capacity. David is such a powerful bible character because he loves the Lord so much but yet wrestles with the injustice he believes he witnesses. In psalm 95 v1 he says 'come let us sing joy for the Lord; let us shout aloud to the Rock of our salvation'. Go back one Psalm though and in v3 he enquires of the Lord 'How long, Lord will the wicked, how long will the wicked be jubilant?' David though is the greatest human king the Israelites had and He loved the Lord with all his heart. He says in Psalm 18 v 2 'The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; my God, my strength in whom I will trust; my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold'.


Being a Christian is an amazing gift and one which is a relationship. God is in relations with us and we have to open our heart fully to experience this amazing gift. Whatever God's will is for my life, we can cling to the truths His word provides and the love a personal relationship brings. Once again thank you for all your prayers and support but most importantly if you are reading this blog and don't 'know' Him, make every effort to do so. I am more than happy to answer questions on nofearindeath@hotmail.co.uk and ask people around you as life may be shorter than we all expect.

Verses of the day: 1 John 1 v 4-10

Prayer of the day: Praise the Lord for all He has done and that we can have that personal relationship with Him. Pray for the Lord to heal the cancer from my body and restore my body to full health. Pray we seek the Lord all the days of our lives and we will know His vital presence. Continue to pray for sleep, rest and my body's physical state. Pray for God to continue to minister to our families and friends. For those who seek the Lord that He shall be found and for them to find a biblical church.

1 comment:

  1. Psalm 13 reminds us that even when we feel there is not way up to the top of the mountain that God still loves and is near. We just need to trust, hard though that is sometimes when we are in the middle of the storm.

    Remember your Daniel talks esp Daniel 3.

    Love Mum

    ReplyDelete