Sunday 15 May 2011

Sunday 15th May - Foolishness

Good evening we have had a great day but one in which I have seen myself for a fool. I had the best sleep I have had all week although was still awake earlier than needed. My body was a little sore from the night before though and so Anne went to church and I stayed at home to rest. We then had lunch together and friends came around this afternoon to catch up over coffee. We have then been to church which was a real blessing but showed myself to be a fool.

The last 2 weeks I seem to have focused upon myself, the medical statistics, saying ' if ' and 'but' forgetting my need to lean upon the Lord. Church or The Spirit changed this; God is the only one to rely upon. We have a God who all His promises come true and He walks with us. 1 Corinthians 2v5 says 'that your faith might not rest in the wisdom of man but in the power of God'. We should find rest in Him and one day we will find permanent rest with Him.

Verse of the day: John 14v 15-16

Prayer of the day: Praise the Lord for His rest and that we have a helper here on earth. Praise the Lord we are able to do more and see more people. Pray for the cancer to be healed from my body though a miracle or by medical treatment. Pray for renewed strength, sleep and peace from the Lord. Pray for our families. Pray for our world and the blind people in it.

1 comment:

  1. We have been praying for you here in NZ Glen at home and in our connections group. Also for all your family xxxx Bless you.

    ReplyDelete