Sunday 8 May 2011

Sunday 8th May - Reconciled

Good evening. I have once again had a mixed day. I slept better than I did the night before but when I awoke both my back and stomach were in quite bad pain and so needed to stay at home and miss church which was a disappointment. I am feeling much better this evening and both areas have settled down. We have had a relaxed day and Anne has met a friend for coffee and been to church. We have a full body scan tomorrow to check whether the cancer has spread or not and whether to carry on with chemotherapy. This obviously needs a lot of prayer and we are trusting in the Lord for this.

Paul in Colossians 1 v 21-24 says 'And you who once were alienated and hostile in the mind, doing evil deeds, He has now reconciled in His body of flesh by His death, in order to present you holy and blameless and above reproach before Him. If indeed you continue in the faith, stable and steadfast, not shifting from the hope of the gospel that you heard, which has been proclaimed in all creation under heaven and of which I, Paul, became a minister.'

Verse of the day: Jeremiah 15 v 16

Prayer of the day: Praise the Lord for walking this road with us and being the rock we need. Pray for the Lord to take the cancer from my body and for the scans to be a blessing not a burden to us. Pray for my physical condition not to be so up and down and for me to be able to sleep well. Pray for our families and for the Lord to be their peace and strength. Pray for the salvation of souls.

1 comment:

  1. Teresa McGrath8 May 2011 at 23:33

    With you in your prayers. Amen.

    ReplyDelete