Sunday 22 May 2011

Sunday 22nd May - Strength for each day

We have had a very difficult day. I awoke after a moderate amount of sleep but yet still felt drained and tired. I have spent most of the day on the sofa falling in and out of consciousness and trying to get some rest. Anne has been to Church and out with friends which she needed and helped with her frame of mind. I have been sick this evening and in pain and so we had to call out the local GP and try and sort out my pain relief, sleep and general physical state.

All this makes life incredibly difficult and hard to deal with each day. Our mind frame is such that we know God is in control but we most certainly don't rely on our strength but that of the Lord. Psalm 20 v 6 says 'Now I know that the Lord saves His anointed; He will answer him from His Holy Heaven with the saving strength of His right hand.' Isaiah 12v2 also declares this saying 'Behold, God is my salvation, I will trust and not be afraid; for Yahweh, the Lord is my strength and song. He will also become my salvation.' We have to trust even in the depths of despair as He is the only strength we need or will help.

Verse of the day: 2 Corinthians 1 v 1-5

Prayer of the day: Praise the Lord His strength allows us to walk through the darkest valley and to see our salvation. Pray for the cancer to be healed from my body and for the Lord to restore it to its former state. Pray for our bodies to be physically upheld and to be made stronger by the hand of the Lord. Pray for sleep. Pray for our families and for the Lord to be their strength also.

1 comment:

  1. Teresa McGrath23 May 2011 at 16:29

    Praying for your continued strength and faith & trust in God, Glen & Anne and all others who so love and are inspired by you, Stephen & Teresa xxxx

    ReplyDelete