Monday 11 April 2011

Monday 11th April - We're back!

Good afternoon and if you are reading this then you know we are back from Disneyland. We had an absolute blast and an amazing time. God really blessed our time out there. I was well for 90% of the time, we went on lots of rides and saw lots of Mickey Mouse. The weather was fantastic, I went off the diet for a few days and enjoyed some nice treats and we were with great friends who supported, loved and had a great time with us. In some ways it was a double edged sword as it meant I want to be well to enjoy more of that but it was great for a few days to forget it all and enjoy life so much. God is amazing and He really was our sustainer during our time away. Psalm 46 really is one of the psalm thats has been a comfort to me during this time and I keep coming back to it. It says 'God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea'. Psalm 106 says 'Praise be to the Lord, the God of Israel from everlasting to everlasting. Let all the people say "amen" praise the Lord'. I want to say praise the Lord for being with us, for sustaining us and for being our God. He is the almighty and we should worship and praise him. Verse of the day: Psalm 46 Prayer of the day: Praise the Lord for all He has done and and been over the past few days. Praise the Lord for His character and for our salvation. Pray for a miracle and for the Lord to take this illness from me. Pray for my body as it prepares for the next bout of chemotherapy this week. Pray for our families that they would be sustained by the Lord during this difficult time. Pray for people to realise their need of Christ.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome home, Glen and Anne! Our Almighty ord has answered our collective prayers thus far, and I am confident that He will continue to hear our hearts and souls.

    On Saturday, as you were getting it on with Buzz, Mickey & Minnie, etc., I swam my 5 km in aid of Maire Curie Cancer Care in 2 hours 24 minutes, which absolutely delighted me. You and many of my loved ones facing (or suffering the aftermath) of similar challenges were in ,y prayers with every stroke. For once I enjpyed this privilege as somebody else kept count of my laps in the pool.

    If anyone else who loves, supports and encourgaes Glen and Anne would gsin comfort, affirment and satisfaction by boosting my fund-raising target, you can do so quickly and securely by visiting http://my.artezglobal.com/personalPage.aspx?registrationID=332912

    ReplyDelete