Sunday 3 April 2011

Sunday 3rd March - Mother's Day

Good evening. I want to use this blog to thank God for the mum I have been given. She is very supportive and has done so much for myself and Anne. We have really enjoyed having her here this weekend and it really is a blessing to have a supportive mother whilst going through cancer and to be able to help me and Anne in all that we need. I did not sleep amazingly well last night and both my wife and mum were really supportive. I am so grateful and blessed to have these two women in my life and walking with me in the illness I am going through. Proverbs says 'who can find a virtuous woman? She is far more precious than jewels. Strength and honour are her clothing and she can laugh at the time to come. She opens her mouth with wisdom and loving instruction is on her tongue. She watches over the activities of her household and is never idle. Her sons rise up and call her blessed. Her husband also praises her:many women are capable but you surpass them all. Charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears the Lord will be praised.' I have 2 of these women in my life and I want to thank them today. Verse for the day: Proverbs 31v10 and 25-30 Prayer for the day: Pray for all mums today and say thank you for Godly women in our lives. Pray for the continued working and success of the treatment and for God to take the cancer from my body. Pray for us both to sleep well tonight and for us to feel refreshed tomorrow. Pray for our families and for the Lord to be their strength.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful words from a true 'gentle-man'. Our thoughts and prayers continue to be with you. With our love, Caroline and Graham and family and friends xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teresa McGrath4 April 2011 at 14:48

    Amen. Thank you, Lord, for all devouted mums and spouses. Truly, we are blessed, and the mortal world is altogether more wonder-full because of them. Thank you for the gift of human love.

    ReplyDelete