Thursday 21 April 2011

Thursday 21st February - Praise the Lord

Good afternoon. We have had a really lovely day and have been able to enjoy the sunshine too. We went to the doctors this morning to have a few things checked. The doctor said I have the start of a chest infection and so I am on antibiotics. The other day I found floaters in my eyes and new lumps and these really worried me but the doctor said she thinks the lumps are glands due to the infection and the eyes although she cannot totally rule anything out she thinks they are not serious. I had prayed God would speak to us through her and this really reassured me. We have then this afternoon been out for lunch and shopping with my mum and bought birthday presents for next week.

Psalm 9 says 'The Lord reigns forever; He has established his throne for judgement. He rules the world in righteousness and judges the people with equity. The Lord is a refuge for the oppressed and a stronghold in times of trouble. Those who know your name trust in you for you, Lord, have never forsaken those who seek you. Sing the praises of the Lord enthroned in Zion; proclaim among the nations what He has done.' I know today has been a good day and so may seem easier to proclaim His name but I want to praise the Lord and all that He has done. I am sorry for not being the servant I should or could be.

Verse of the day: Ephesians 6

Prayer of the day: Praise the Lord for all He has done and for the grace we have. Pray for God to take the cancer from my body. Pray for our bodies to be upheld and for us to be able to rest. Pray for our families that they would know the strength of the Lord too. Pray for people to come to Christ.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Almighty loving God, for hearing and answering our prayers that Glen's newly-developed lumps and symptoms are not a sign of his cancer's advancement. We praise you with all our hearts and souls for granting this grace to Glen, Anne, their families, and all we who love them. Thank you for the strength with which you sustain we who know you. Please hear our prayers for those who yet don't to come to you and place their trust in you.

    Thank you, Lord, for your continued vigilance in watching over us all and guiding us towards the fulfilment of your will. As ever, we pray that this includes the full and complete banishment of cancer from Glen's mortal body, and from those others who we know and love so very, very dearly.

    ReplyDelete