Thursday 28 April 2011

Thursday 28th April - Promise Keeper

Good evening we have had a lovely relaxed day and have achieved lots within it too. We both slept really well, which is an answer to prayer. Anne has cleaned the house and has sorted lots out ready for the weekend. I have completed some tasks for Target camp and sorted through some emails. We have then been into town and I am going to a Target Camp meeting tonight and Anne is going to relax. We are both physically better and looking forward to the weekend. We have a meeting with my consultant on Tuesday and this is in the back of my mind.

Psalm 73 v23-26 says 'Nevertheless I am continually with you; you hold my right hand. You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will receive me to glory. Whom have I in heaven but you?And there is nothing on earth I desire but you. My flesh and heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.' God is our strength and portion, He is our guide and will uphold us in all we do. There are times when I am not sure of my place in heaven but God's word reassures me as in Psalm 73 that He will receive me to glory and I have a sure and firm hope. God always keeps His promises and we have to cling to that in times of hardship.

Verse of the day: Romans 8 v 28

Prayer of the day: Praise the Lord He keeps His promises and that His love endures forever. Praise Him for heaven and for all it holds for us. Pray for the cancer to be healed by the Lord and for Him to restore my body to full health. Pray for both of our families as they walk with us and see the pain we are going through. Pray for Theresa's husband Stephen and for Theresa as they walk through the same situation we do, for the Lord to be their strength and all they need.

1 comment:

  1. The Lord is our strength and all we need, thanks to our introduction to Him by Glen and Anne. For which, thank you from the bottom of our hearts and souls. xxx

    ReplyDelete