Wednesday 20 April 2011

Wednesday 20th April - Death has lost it's sting

Good evening we have had a good day and have done lots during the day. We both slept well and woke up feeling refreshed. Anne has been in work just for a day to see her colleagues in the new school building they have got. I have started my target talk, had a friend around for coffee and also we have done a BBQ this evening with some friends, taking advantage of the nice weather. I have found the last couple of days quite hard after finding the new symptoms and would really value prayer for the strength of the Lord.

Paul in 1 Corinthians says 'I declare to you brothers and sisters that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable. Listen I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep but we will all be changed in a flash, in a twinkling of an eye at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable and we will be changed. For the perishable must clothe itself with the imperishable and the mortal with immortality. When the perishable has been clothed and the mortal with immortality then the saying that is written will come true "Death has been swallowed up in victory.' Death no longer has the sting it once had and in believing in Christ I have been clothed with immortality, praise the Lord. I am sitting here and I really just want people to give their lives unto Christ, I plead as this life will end at some point.

Verse of the day: Romans 8 v 38 - 39

Prayer of the day: Pray for God to be with us continually and to give us the strength to deal with the situation we are in. Pray that 'death has been swallowed up in victory' to be real in our lives. Pray for God to take this from my body by His mighty hand. Pray for our families that they would know the tangible presence of the Lord at this difficult time. Pray for people to be saved and for them to come to know the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment