Wednesday 13 April 2011

Wednesday 13th April - All knowing Lord

Good afternoon. I thought I would write the blog earlier than I usually do to update people about how we are feeling and to let people know the time of my chemotherapy tomorrow. We are both feeling better today not 100% but we have both slept well and have rested this morning and so we are feeling stronger. My chemotherapy, round 2 is tomorrow at 2:15pm and this will again last just over an hour. This afternoon we are going to rest, we have to go to the hospital for a blood test to see whether I am OK to undergo the chemotherapy - please can people pray this test comes out OK. God has been with us and us feeling better is an answer to prayer again. Psalm 139 says 'You have searched me and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue you, Lord, know it completely. You hem me in behind and before, and you lay your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty to attain'. God knows all things before we do and His will is a blessing and we should pray for it in our lives. He sustains us and keeps us. Verse of the day: Romans 2 Prayer for the day: Praise the Lord for His character and for Him protecting us and sustaining us. Pray for the chemotherapy tomorrow that it goes well and that it kills the cancer cells through the Lord via a miracle. Pray for our bodies to continue to recuperate and for the rest we have to be blessed by the Lord. Pray for our families that the Lord will strengthen them and sustain them through this process too. Pray for people to realise their need of Christ and to put off their own desires.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for your thoughtfulness, love and care in posting an update to your blog today, Glen. I know that I am just one among very many who has concentrated particularly anxious prayers for you and Anne since you shared news of your health and spirits yesterday. We praise the Lord for hearing and answering our pleas and bringing you and Anne recuperative rest and stronger optimism. Please God this has also brought your families and other loved ones additional strength, peace, and confidence in the presence and goodness of our Almighty Father.

    Tomorrow afternoon I will be joining in silent dedicated communion with all who love you and pray for the success of your treatment and God's miraculous intervention of ridding your mortal body from the cancer that currently threatens and ails it.

    God bless you, Glen, Anne and familes. Teresa xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete