Tuesday 26 April 2011

Tuesday 26th April: A hard day

Today has been a hard as Glen has not felt well all day, spending most of the day sleeping on the sofa. I've offered to do a quick update to keep you informed. We have another doctor's appointment tomorrow as Glen's chest is still not right, please pray that this will clear up. We continue to trust in the Lord and look to Him for our strength.

Passage for today: Proverbs 3 v5-6

Prayer: Please pray that we will both sleep well tonight and Glen will feel stronger tomorrow, enabling him to enjoy his birthday. Pray for the chest infection to clear up and for no further complications. Please pray that God would heal Glen from the cancer and restore his body to full health. Please pray for our families too.

Thanks, Anne

2 comments:

  1. 2 Corinthians 1 vs 3-4
    'Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God. For just as we share abundantly in the sufferings of Christ, so also our comfort abounds through Christ.

    Love you Glen and Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry that I have only read this so late on Glen's birthday afternoon, as things have been pretty hectic for me since Stephen's discharge from hospital 24-hours ago (for which I thank God from the bottom of my heart and soul). Throughout, I have been thinking of you and Glen and praying for your health, spirits and refreshing rest. So I do hope that our almighty Father in Heaven has been hearing these, and that you are enjoying Glen's birthday as I write this. I know how challenging it can be when a generic infection or otherwise minor ailment that easily would be brushed aside by and otherwise healthy body adds itself to an already frail one. I also know the toll that this takes upon we who love and care for the afflicted. So I pray that the Lord empowered Glen's GP to make speedy and effective interjection for his chest infection. In the meantime, I thank Him for enabling you to secure a GP's appointment when you need it (which we, in considerably less immediate need, have been unable to do today - so please spare any space available in your prayers that we do so tomorrow so that Stephen may be more comfortable over the approaching long weekend).

    I do so pray that Glen has enjoyed a comfortable and happy birthday. But, if not, please remember that dates on the calendar pale into insignificance. EVERY day that we feel fit and able to enjoy and share each other's love is a God-given gift to be cherished. So if that has not been today, I pray that it will be tomorrow, the day after, and the one after than, ...

    All my very best love, T xxxxx

    ReplyDelete