Monday 18 April 2011

Monday 18th April - Daniel

In going through what we have you realise what becomes important and essential to life. We all read newspapers that show how people live for 'the lottery win', sex, power and for themselves. When death is placed at your door you realise your true need of one thing alone, Jesus Christ. People since I became a Christian have said to me "how can you believe that?", "what a crutch", "I will do it when I need to". I would say "is this it?". If life on this earth is all there is then we are living a very sad existence. This week is the lead up to Easter when Christ died for our sins. That is what life in this world is for, the next life. I am doing a talk at a camp in a few weeks on Daniel 2. I love Daniel's attitude, no matter what he serves and loves the Lord. In the middle of the passage Daniel in v 20 -23 says 'Praise be to the name of God forever and ever; wisdom and power are His. He changes times and seasons; He deposes kings and raises up others. He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; He knows what lies in darkness, and light dwells with Him. I thank and praise you, God of my ancestors: You have given me wisdom and power.' Daniel has his life threatened by a fiery furnace, lawmakers and a lion's den, yet he still says praise be to God and he still trusts Him. I want to do the same and have the same attitude. Verse of the day: Daniel 4 (Nebuchadnezzar realises the might of the Lord) Prayer of the day: Pray for our attitude to be like that of Daniel and for us to praise the Lord in our circumstance. Pray for the Lord's peace, strength and Holy Spirit to be with us during this time. Pray for my body that the Lord would take the cancer from my body and for us to be patient if this is His will. Pray for our bodies to be upheld and for us to be able to enjoy each day we have. Pray for our families who are walking with us during this journey. Pray for people to come to Christ during this week of Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment