Tuesday 19 April 2011

Tuesday 19th April - Fulfilment

Good evening we have had a mixed day and one where I have really needed to trust the Lord. We both were up early and got on with things. We were able to take things slowly and Anne really took advantage of the sun and has done lots in the garden. This afternoon we both spent time relaxing in the garden and I listened to a sermon. We then went shopping and have spent the evening relaxing. I did though find a new very small lump and awoke with coughing up phloem. I have also had some eye problems. I found all these really hard to deal with and emotionally felt like we have lost the battle.

God has used people and His word to keep me strong though. I was listening to a sermon on Habakkuk 1 today all about how our culture does not fulfill what it claims too, yet God's word fulfills what it says. Peter in 1 Peter says 'therefore with minds that are alert and fully sober, set your hope on the grace brought to you when Jesus Christ is revealed at His coming. As obedient children do not conform to the evil desires you had when you lived in ignorance.' This world offers so much and yet delivers so little whereas people are so ignorant of the Lord yet He offers so much.

Verse of the day : Habakkuk 1

Prayer of the day: Pray for God to be with us in the midst of our situation and for Him to be our rock. Pray for my mental attitude towards the Lord will be to rely upon him alone. Pray in His mercy that the Lord would take this cancer from my body and restore me to full health. Pray for our rest and for us to sleep well leaving us physically refreshed. Pray for our families that they would also know the presence of the Lord during this difficult time. Pray for people to realise their need of the Lord and this world will leave them fruitless.

No comments:

Post a Comment